If you need the convenience and functionality of an in-chassis PROFIBUS interface at the cost of a gateway, then ProSoft Technology’s new PROFIBUS DPV1 Master and Slave modules for CompactLogix™ give you just that. The Master module’s features include:
- AOI: The module integrates with RSLogix™ 5000 using a sample Add-On Instruction, which reduces its configuration time.
- Autoscan: This feature helps reduce configuration and startup times by scanning the PROFIBUS network and uploading the slave devices’ addresses and configuration information so the user doesn’t have to manually input the information.
- ComDTM: The module enables asset-management software to remotely configure, commission, maintain and diagnose your fieldbus devices over their entire lifecycle.
- SD card: Allows the user to store configuration files, which can be used for disaster recovery.
- Ethernet port allows remote configuration and maintenance
- Supports both I/O control and messaging
- Explicit ladder logic CIP message blocks provide slave status diagnostic data and acyclic messaging
- Module appears to the CompactLogix controller as a standard I/O module allowing it to be configured via RSLogix™ 5000
- Equipped with a diagnostic interface and rotary switches for setting of the bus address