It’s no wonder that PROFIBUS is the world’s most-installed fieldbus, and PROFINET is the fastest growing Industrial Ethernet standard. With so many new products being released, the market is larger than ever. In total there are 14 new products to announce from 12 different vendors!
New Products: 14 Products from 12 Vendors
- Celebrating 25 Years in Style — 2015 marks the 25th anniversary of the introduction of PROFIBUS technology to world markets. To celebrate this momentous year, alongside the 27th combined meetings of PI, we are delighted that Ireland was selected as the venue for the meetings and [...]
- PI at Hanover Fair 2015 — The PROFIBUS & PROFINET International (PI) booth at Hanover Fair this year saw a heavy amount of foot traffic. News from the trade-show includes announcements about PROFINET testing, a new Regional PI Association (RPA) in Chile, new PI Competence Centers in Bolivia and Peru, and IO-Link node counts. An informal, but more detailed look at the [...]
- IIoT and Industry 4.0 at Hanover Fair — The official theme of this year’s Fair was “Integrated Industry – Join the Network” but the real theme was “Industry 4.0,” sometimes spelled the German way “Industrie 4.0.” And PROFINET, PROFIBUS, and IO-Link feed the Industrial Internet of Things portion of Industry [...]
- IO-Link: Did You Know? — Did you know that IO-Link allows automatic parameter assignment by the PLC? With IO-Link, the parameter assignment of the devices is stored in the higher-level automation system and is transferred automatically if a device is replaced. Moreover, the PLC can access, read, and write any parameters during [...]
- Application Story: Fortescue Metals — Development of Fortescue Metals Group’s (FMG) 60mtpa (Million Tons Per Annum) Solomon Iron Ore Project in Western Australia’s Pilbara was completed in just over two years – including the construction of two new mines, primary and secondary crushers, two ore processing facilities, PROFINET & PROFIBUS control networks, 15km of overland conveyors, rail, and other [...]