Social media is not about the exploitation of technology but service to community.
PI provides a number of “Social Media” venues as service to the community of PROFINET and PROFIBUS users and beyond. This list provides an introduction to each type of PI media:
- The PROFIblog for news and opinion about PROFINET, PROFIBUS, Industrial Ethernet, fieldbuses, and automation. An informal media where news often appears first and opinion has an outlet. News from events like trade shows and training classes appears on the blog first. Some blog posts are a bit whimsical like the recent tie-in to “Back to the Future Day” with “Back to the PROFINET Part 2.”
- Twitter: @AllThingsPROFI, @PIChairman Everything you need to know about current PROFINET and PROFIBUS news, events, and applications in 140 characters or less. Tweets often link to details.
- LinkedIn groups: PROFINET, PROFIBUS & PROFINET Interactive forums where discussions can take place.
- Facebook: Profibus Profinet North America, PROFIBUS PROFINET International, PROFIBUS PROFINET South East Asia If you are on Facebook anyway, “liking” our pages will keep you up-to-date.
- YouTube: MinutePROFINET, The PROFIblogger, and PROFI-TV Three different channels with three different goals. The MinutePROFINET channel provides minute-long white board introductions to various aspects of PROFINET. The PROFIblogger channel is an eclectic mix of informal videos that appear on the PROFIblog. PROFI-TV has professionally filmed live-action and animated videos. You can subscribe to each of the three individually.