An FDI Plugfest was held in Berlin on July 13-14. Plugfests are a popular opportunity for members to test their FDI Devices and FDI Hosts together in an organized but informal environment as part of the FDI Working Group activities. Twelve member companies tested 15 Devices (Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Level, Analytical and Positioner) on 5 different automation hosts, plus the FDI Reference Runtime Environment. Profibus, HART, FF, and Modbus protocols were all covered. PI was represented at the Working Group meetings by Peter Wenzel, Maria Muller, and Alexander Kaiser. This was the 3rd FDI Plugfest, stay tuned for information about the next ones.
Successful FDI Plugfest Held in July
- PROFIsafe – a Key Ingredient Towards Successful Automation — How does open, integrated safety enable a competitive advantage versus traditional practices? And with the focus on safety increasing in recent years, is there a way to make safety easier to manage and deploy? Here follows a look at PROFIsafe -past, present, and [...]
- PROFIsafe Resources – Get Educated — Not sure what PROFIsafe is or how it works? Need to get up to speed quickly on the world's most installed functional safety network? Here are some resources to gain more knowledge –from very short to [...]
- Protecting Both Man and Machine with PROFIsafe — How do you design a paint shop so it's safe for workers and workpieces? With PROFINET and PROFIsafe and a WiFi connection, ADAL Sp. z.o.o. was able to manage a highly complex [...]
- Efficiently Packed for Real Enjoyment — In the Food and Beverage industry, Gima SpA had a problem: they needed their new 590 Series rotary packaging machine to be both highly adaptable and very compact. How to merge these seemingly opposite capabilities? PROFINET was the [...]
- Product News – September 2017 — New products are announced this month by Bihl+Wiedemann, Hilscher, SICK, Siemens, and [...]