A new webinar has been posted giving some background and description to what the ‘PROFINET of Things’ is. The video is approximately 15 minutes long. Watch it and learn how PROFINET provides a foundation for IIoT and Industrie 4.0.
PROFINET of Things Webinar
- Welcome to PROFINEWS! — Welcome to the 133rd edition of PROFINEWS! Having just wrapped up our 21st General Assembly Meeting here in Scottsdale, AZ, I can say with confidence that our organization is stronger than ever. After 21 years it's exciting to see so much new development happening, and we're still pushing the envelope to remain innovative in this [...]
- Report from the General Assembly Meeting — Michael Bryant introduced this issue of PROFINEWS with a hint about PI North America’s recent General Assembly Meeting (GAM). Michael Bowne in the article immediately above took the introduction to the PROFINET of Things at the GAM and distilled them into a webcast. Carl Henning in the PROFIblog is portioning out an informal reporting of the event. Here are the highlights [...]
- PI North America Announces New Board Member — PI North America, is proud to announce the appointment of Barry Lynch, Global Marketing Director at GE's Intelligent Platforms business, to its Board of Directors. The Board voted unanimously to approve Mr. Lynch’s nomination earlier this [...]
- IO-Link Adds 100th Member — IO-Link has established itself in the market faster than almost any other communication technology. This is confirmed by the number of members in the IO-Link member community and the current node counts. Weiss Robotics was the 100th company to join the member [...]
- IO-Link: Did You Know? — Did you know that IO-Link can transmit up to 32 bytes in one cycle? The IO-Link interface standardized in IEC 61131-9 is based on simple serial data transmission via conventional connecting cables. With IO-Link, it is over exactly this cable that data packets are exchanged cyclically between the IO-Link master and an IO-Link device packed in one [...]