Aerospace automation provider Advanced Integration Technology incorporated Safety PLCs, Motion Control, plus safety and standard I/O, all on a single PROFINET network for more efficient, compliant automation. As a prime contractor on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, AIT had responsibility for the final assembly and body join functions, charged with delivering a fully automated positioning and joining system.
PROFINET builds the Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Welcome — In only a few days the SPS/IPC/Drives Show will open its doors in Nuremberg. One highlight of this year’s booth will be a new manufacturing model that clearly demonstrates the technologies. The model was designed and built in a cooperative partnership with the TU Darmstadt and will include PROFINET products from many different vendors. For [...]
- PI Booth at SPS/IPC/Drives Show — PI (PROFIBUS & PROFINET International) and 100 of its members will present devices and technologies on all aspects of PROFIBUS, PROFINET, and IO-Link at the SPS/IPC/Drives trade fair in Nuremberg, Germany. PI will be part of Europe’s leading exhibition for electrical automation at a new location in hall 2, stand 220 and 221. From November [...]
- Training and Events (Issue 122) — Are you a vendor of automation products? Want to know what goes into PROFINET product certification? Watch this webinar to learn about testing and certifying PROFINET devices. The goal is simple: to eliminate system integration headaches by ensuring a consistent, positive customer experience with PROFINET products across the spectrum of vendors. PROFINET products must be [...]
- Submit your PROFI-stories — With the merger now complete of the PROFINEWS International and PROFINEWS North American editions, we look forward to publicizing PI members’ company and product news. Got an interesting PROFIBUS case study? Or perhaps a new PROFINET product? Submit those and other relevant news items to firstname.lastname@example.org. The combined newsletter means a wider, more global audience [...]
- Tech Tip: PROFINET’s Got Class – in Real Time — PROFINET has class, in fact, many classes: Conformance Classes, Real Time classes, media redundancy classes, and even more class(es). Last issue covered Conformance Classes; this Tech Tip covers Real Time classes. The Real Time classes determine the services used and how the protocol operates “under the hood,” if the communication is synchronized or unsynchronized among [...]