PROFINET, PROFIBUS and IO-Link Training Opportunities in the UK
PI UK is organising a number of free-to-attend training events across the UK designed to answer your questions and show you how to address key practical issues in automated manufacturing and process industry applications.
Birmingham (April 28)
Inchinnan (May 27)
Belfast (June 23)
Paying particular attention to Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), they will cover key application areas such as control systems and energy management in chemical, utilities, pharmaceutical, logistics, robotics, automotive engineering, electrical and electronics assembly, packaging, printing, pulp & paper – from system design and safety & security considerations through to fault-finding and maintenance.
- Introduction to PI Group – including highlights of new supported technologies
- An overview of the Group’s structure and global representation, taking a look at the protocol basics and their benefits to UK industry.
- PROFINET network design
- The fundamental principles of good network design and the main factors that must be considered at the design stage of an automation system.
- Network gateway technology
- Presentation and demonstration of network gateway technology, PROFINET to Profibus DP, PA, IO-Link and OPC UA
- Industrial network commissioning and testing
- Learn how to simplify the process of testing, how to prevent network failures and resolve cable and network issues faster.
- PROFIBUS and PROFINET device configuration tools
- A look at the available tools and FDI with a live demonstration of PROFIBUS and PROFINET device configuration.
- Industrial networks safety & security
- The basics of legislation and responsibilities for cybersecurity, safety and functional safety for Industrial Automation.
- Update on Industry 4.0, IIoT, TSN and APL
- Explanation of IIoT, IND4.0 and Big Data, and how PROFINET is placed as the ideal network to fulfil the above.
Who Should Attend?
Supported by an exhibition with demonstrations of actual tools used in configuration and maintenance, these seminars will be of great value to Designers, Production/System Engineers, Instrument Technicians/Engineers and C&I Engineers involved in the design, operation and maintenance of modern automated factories and process plant.
More Information and Online Registration:
PROFIBUS Denmark will Arrange a PROFINET Course June 9-10, 2020
The course will be hosted by the Automate Academy in Silkeborg. There is space for only 10 participants in their newly designed course department, part of which is adjacent to their demo dairy. The course will be held in Danish language and the course compendiums will be available in English language.
During the two days, participants will work through the following topics:
- PROFIBUS & PROFINET international
- Industrial Networks
- Introduction to PROFINET
- Ethernet vs Industrial Ethernet
- Network Components
- Network Tools
- Communication on TCP / IP suite
- System configuration
- Data exchange: Cyclic/Acyclic
- Practical Exercises
- Testing of a PROFINET Network
After completing the course, participants will have achieved:
- A basic understanding of PROFINET networks
- Skills in the design and installation of PROFINET networks
- PROFINET network setup / testing and diagnostic skills
See more about the course and registration at PROFIBUS Denmark’s homepage: www.profibus.dk