On February 18th, 2021, Consorzio PROFIBUS e PROFINET Italia members’ meeting was held digitally. During the meeting, members voted for the approval of the 2020 financial report and took a look at the new 2021 marketing plan.
Established in 1994, Consorzio PI aims at promoting industrial communication through the use of three technologies (PROFIBUS, PROFINET, and IO-Link) and offers technical support to tools and systems developers in the automation sector. At the moment, Consorzio PI has 69 members and 3 technical support institutions: GFCC – Genoa Fieldbus Competence Centre S.r.l., CSMT Gestione S.c.a.r.l., and Duplomatic MS S.p.a.
In the meeting, a new Board was defined for the next three years (2021-2023):
- Giorgio Santandrea (Siemens) as President
- Alberto Sibono (GFCC) as Vice-President
- Paolo Sartori (Jampel)
- Alberto Poli (Wago)
- Pierfederico Cancarini (CSMT)
- Claudio Sonzogni (Harting)
- Massimo Moscuzza (Biffi)
- Fabio Fumagalli (Hilscher) has been designated as second Vice-President,
- Andrea Villa (AUMA Italiana) as new Treasurer
- Giuliano Collodel (Turck Banner) as Secretary.
The whole Board sent a huge thank to Raffaele Esposito who – for 12 years – has been Consorzio PI’s Vice-President. He shared Consorzio PI’s vision and team spirit all over the years.
“2020 has been a complicated year for Consorzio PI since we all are accustomed to carrying out promotional activities physically,” states President Giorgio Santandrea “we have, however, overcome this impediment thanks to the possibility of new ways of communication, which have supported us for the achievement of our goal – meeting our members’ needs. The 2020 report was positive; new members have joined Consorzio PI at the beginning of this year“.
During Consorzio PI’s meeting, two new members were introduced:
- SENECA, which, with its over 30 years in the industrial automation sector, has reached a prominent position in the Italian electronic instrumentation market.
- Pizzato Elettrica is one of the leading European position switch, micro-switch, safety device, safety module, pedal switch, control and signalling device, and elevator device manufacturers.